Willow's World - 01/17/2019, Studio A, 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT)

Moderator: SurreySunflower

SurreySunflower
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Willow's World - 01/17/2019, Studio A, 2-4pm EST (7-9pm GMT)

16 Jan 2019, 09:54

Welcome to the Weird Wonder that is the World of Willow Andreasson...

... on Thursday's show:

The first hour focusses on the day's news headlines, both Global and Gallifreyan in nature;

The second hour heralds the opening of the doors to the cosy nook that is Willow's Poetry Corner: the Poetry Corner returns to its fiction-focused roots with an absolute literary classic as we continue with our journey through the Shires in J.R.R Tolkien's 1937 opus, 'The Hobbit': As the Dwarves chase their dreams and stumble away from the beaten path of the mysterious Mirkwood, Bilbo finds himself horribly alone in the second instalment of the eighth chapter, 'Flies and Spiders';

The remainder of the show sees me taking a stroll off my own beaten path with a focus on a soupçon of political Op-Eds from Russia Today: one article asks whether the United States is already in the throes of a new Civil War. A second article looks at the potential collapse of contemporary empires, namely those of the United States, the United Kingdom and France. The show will then end with a warning... but not the warning you may think it is...

The comfy cushions are scattered liberally across the deep-pile hearth rugs... the sweet scent of sandalwood serenades the senses as the logs smoulder on the open fire... the teas and coffees are freshly brewing... and I welcome you into my humble yet peaceful abode.

Link to details of the book featured in the Poetry Corner:

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-ho ... 0261103344

(spa) (spa) (spa)

Return to “Willow's World”